Sunday, July 23, 2006

First Short



Chasing
contributions: story, modeling, animation, texturing, lighting
completion date: Apr 2005
running time: 36 sec
movie size: 4 mb

This is kind of my first short film, more like a trailer though.

It was an assignment for practicing path-animation, and I was really fascinated by a car racing anime from japan named "Initial D" at that time, so I just came up this idea - two high-speed chasing fish with familiar camera angles and scenes which were often seen in a car race or flying jet, and of course the theme song of Initial D!

This short might be looks a little stupid, but I even drew out the storyboard, did a lot of technic tests to figure out how to do the scenes , and stayed up every night to make it done within one week before the next class. And it's the one which made me fell in love with animation from then on.

No comments: